Why do we collect information about you?
- We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for our products. We do so to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products we think may be of interest to you.
How will we use this information about you?
- We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- With the exception of email marketing (see below) the lawful basis of processing information retained about you is either for the performance of a contract (for example, where you register as a customer or purchase products from our site) or the legitimate interests of Namaste to study customer activity in order to tailor product lines and develop business.
- More information about the lawful basis of processing personal data and your legal rights can be found on the ICO website: www.ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
- If paying by credit or debit card via this website you will be
directed to our payment handler, Global Payments. Namaste neither see nor hold your
credit or debit card details.
- If paying by PayPal via this website you will be directed to their website. Namaste neither see nor hold your PayPal details.
- If you place an order by telephone and supply your credit or debit card details, once your order has been processed we will destroy your payment details (the payment slips used to note these details are shredded immediately after use).
- We would like to send you information about products which may be of interest to you. If you have consented (by expressly opting in) to receive marketing, requested information from us or purchased goods from us, you may receive marketing communications from Namaste unless you have opted out of such marketing. You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
- Opting out of receiving marketing communications will not result in deletion of any information Namaste hold as a result of a purchase or other legitimate business transaction.
Sharing of your Personal Data
- Namaste use a large 3rd party email marketing automation company, MailChimp, who manage our email distribution lists. This is done under a contract which protects your personal information against being sold or used for anything other than contact or marketing as instructed by Namaste.
- We will not share any of your personal data with any other companies. However there may be occasions where 3rd party service providers need access to this information as part of a legitimate business need, for example IT systems upgrades. Where this is the case, it will be done under a contract that protects the data in accordance with the law.
- There may be certain circumstances where regulatory bodies (HMRC for example) require reporting of our processing activities in which case your personal data may be disclosed under the lawful basis of Legal Obligation.
Access to your information and correction
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and at Namaste we recognise how important it is that the data we hold is accurate. Please contact us with any relevant changes to your personal information. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information or to exercise your right to request deletion of your personal information, you can email or write to us at the address below.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- For further information visit allaboutcookies.org
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features including the ability to place an order may not function as a result.
- If you choose to accept all cookies, additional cookies for Google Analytics may be used. These do not contain any personal information and cannot be used to identify you, however they do allow us to monitor website visits in a statistical manner.
- Your personal data is not retained for longer than the legal, financial reporting & record keeping requirements state and to fulfil the purpose it was collected for.
How to contact us
- By email to email@example.com
- Or write to us at Namaste-UK Ltd, The Mill, Marton Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1TF